Sunday, November 4, 2012

Layla Holographic Effect - 01 Mercury Twilight

A couple of months ago, Layla ( a cosmetics company based in Italy) released a line of gorgeous holographic polishes. I ogled over them, but could never talk myself in to paying the hefty price tag that went with them. When they went on special through Haute Look, I snatched up one immediately!
 

 
 
Layla - 01 Mercury Twilight
 
Mercury Twilight is a silver linear holographic polish with chunkier particles. The holographic line comes in a variety of colors, but I chose the silver since I was a holo virgin! I chose the Layla to be my first, because I didn't need a special base coat to apply it with. The Haute Look order came with a two sided buffer file to use before application. After buffing, I applied 4 very thin and feather light coats. I quickly found that it is essential to be as gentle as possible with each brish stroke to avoid dragging and streaking. Even though application is tricky, the pay off is A-freaking-MAZING! Omgahhh, rainbows!



 

 
Natural sunlight
(Sorry for the weird lighting, the sun was playing hide & seek when I took the outside picture!)
 
I am thoroughly smitten with holos!

1 comment:

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...