Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Takko Lacquer Fall Collection

Hey all! Today I have swatches from my absolute favorite indie brand - Takko Lacquer! Not only are the polishes gorgeous, but the designer, Sheryl, is a wonderfully sweet lady. I just adore her! The new collection is four completely different polishes, unlike anything else I have ever seen. My jaw literally dropped when I first saw the bottle shots.

Enough ramblings. On to the swatches!


 
Takko Lacquer - Jimi's Jacket
 
Jimi's Jacket is a royal blue cream/jelly hybrid (crelly) loaded with shiny 14k gold flakies. In some lighting, I have seen green flashes as well. I L.O.V.E. this polish. Seriously, it is incredible. Application was perfect, two coats for full coverage. If you tend to apply thinner coats, you may need a third. The VNL in the swatch photos wasn't apparent in person.

 

 
Takko Lacquer - Strangely Delicious
 
Strangely Delicious is a luscious bright orange jelly with intense lime green shimmer. As hard as I tried, I could not get the true colors to show. Even with color correction (hence the green fingers in the first pic! >_<). It is much more yellow in person and the green is much more visible as well. Formula was a bit different than other Takkos I have. It was thinner and a bit on the sheer side. I did 3 thicker coats on my first try & ended up with a tiny bit of bubbling. Second time, I used 4 very thin coats, waiting a bit in between & ended up with a great mani. It may be tricky, but this color is amazing!

 

 
Takko Lacquer - Ooh La La
 
Ooh Lal La is literally a dream come true for me. I have a fantasy polish collection inspired by a certain movie (lets just say that it involves a reluctant princess and a poor farm boy turned marauding masked pirate) & this was a color than I had envisioned! It is a dusty lavender purple crelly with crazy blue shimmer & pink/orange flakies. The shimmer is the most prominent aspect of this polish, while the flakies come out in low lighting. Formula was a bit thinner than expected, but not as much as Strangely Delicious. 3 thin coats for full coverage. allowing for dry time between each coat.

 

 
Takko Lacquer - To Infinity and Beyond
 
Last, but definitely not least, is To Infinity and Beyond. This one is a smokey dark grey/green/purple duo chrome with a gorgeous scattered holo effect. I have mentioned in the past that Sheryl is the only person that does scattered holo the way I like it, butter smooth & no trace of grit, not to mention the incredible color shift! Formula was spot on with the previously released Kaleidoscope Eyes.

 
 
Once again, Sheryl has completely blown me away with her amazing line. I was hooked with the first ones I tried and am now a full blown addict. I know I will be going back for more!
 
Takko Lacquer is available on line through Etsy.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous swatches Bridget! You're making me want to wear these suckers all over again! ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...