Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Essence Cherry Blossom Girl

Hey all! Sorry for the lack of posts this week, I have had things swatched and photographed, but never got around to actually editing the photos. Oops. Today I have polishes from the Essence Cherry Blossom Girl collection released in Europe last fall. I found a display randomly shoved in a corner of my HEB ( a texas grocery store chain) and immediately snatched up all the bottles. I hardly ever find special Essence collections, but when I do, I usually grab the polish if there is any left. 
 
 
 
Essence - Fortune Cookie
 
Fortune Cookie is a sunflower yellow with a yellow hidden shimmer. It's nearly impossible to see, except in sunlight where you will get a little twinkle. I happen to be one of the few people that can wear yellow with out it making me look horrid. This particular shade is a great one for my skin tone & I love it. Formula was pretty much standard for a yellow, streaky and hard to level. I used three coats, waiting (im)patiently between each one, and managed to get everything smooth. It also stained my fingers a bit, so it looked like I had dried mustard around my cuticles for a little while : \
 

 
Essence - My Little Kimono
 
My Little Kimono is a taupe/greige with a silvery shimmer. Usually, this type of color looks horrid on me, lobster hands and all, so I tend to stay away from them. But the hoarder in me couldn't pass it up and leave the collection incomplete! That would being breaking polish covenant! Luckily, it doesn't look too bad, and doesn't give me dreaded lobster hands. This was also the only one I didn't have formula issues with. 2 coats, no streaking, nice dry time.
 

 
Essence - Cherry Cherry Girl
 
Cherry Cherry Girl is a bright orangey red crelly (cream/jelly) finish. I wasn't expecting to like it, but it is so bright and the crelly is really nice and squishy looking! The formula was more like a jelly, thick with a longer dry time. Patient and careful application is required, otherwise expect a bubble fest!

 
Essence - It's Peach, Not Cherry
 
It's Peach, Not Cherry is a peach/coral crelly with the same formula as Cherry Cherry Girl. I LOVE this color! I have been obsessed with corals and peaches lately. I literally cannot get enough. This is the third one I have posted since January, and I actually just bought another one yesterday! Again, careful application is needed with it because of the formula.
 

 
 
And just because I had nothing better to do, I did a quick little dotted flower mani! Ignore the gloopy mistake on my index finger, k? ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...