Friday, February 8, 2013

Fashion Friday #1

Hey everyone! I have some exciting news to share! I am teaming up with a friend & fellow Austinite to do a fashion/mani collaboration. Camille, my incredibly stylish pal, has a fashion blog where she puts together outfit posts and I thought it would be fun to do a mani inspired by the looks she creates. This is my first real shot at nail art and creative nail designs, so I hope you all like it! And be sure to check out Pretty and Punk, Camille's blog, so you can see the inspiration behind my creations!


 
 
Used:
Sephora by OPI, Betsey Johnson Mini set
- Too Too Turq (base color)
- Alley Cat (rose color)
- Son of a Gun (dot colot)
 
I started with a base coat of Too Too Turq, used Son of a Gun and a dotting tool to make some large dots on my thumb and ring finger nails, then used Alley Cat to make some irregular blobs on the rest of my nails, for the roses. I used a fine point black sharpie to add petal details and give the flowers better shape. This is my first actual "nail art" look and I love it! I couldn't be happier with how it turned out!

 
 
Used:
Urban Decay Naked Nail set
- Naked
- Sidecar
Hard Candy - Matte-ly in Love
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Black Out
Wing Tip nail stickers
Mini rhinestones
 
For this look, I layered Sidecar over Naked (I really need to swatch this set) and matted it. Once it was dry I used a wing tip nail sticker (similar to french tip stickers) and added a black tip. After that dried, I added a dot of Gelous to each point and added a mini rhinestone to each nail. Despite how much, I like this mani, I don't think I would ever wear it outside of the house. Seems too high-maintenance for me!
 
That's all for this week, but check back next Friday for another post! I am super excited to do more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...