Tuesday, June 18, 2013

31 Day Nail Art Challenge: Galaxy Nails!

Helllooooo! How are you all doing? I feel like I have done nothing but the busy mom/wife thing for the last few days. I finally got a few moments to sit down and play with polish today, and put together a little mani for the 31 day challenge prompt - galaxy nails! I have never done galaxy nails before, and I was super nervous, but it is so dang easy! Seriously, it took 30 min to do one hand. When I did the tribal nails, I spent about an hour and a half on just five fingers. Big difference.
 
Oh, and if you follow me on InstaGram (you totally should, btw), you may have seen a pretty bad nail break that happened last week, and the resulting nubbinization of my nails. It is hard doing nail art on shorties, so bare with me.
 
 
Used:
 
Revlon - Urban (base)
Essie - Play Date
Sally Hansen Insta-Dry - Butter-Fly Stroke
O.P.I. - MBSW
China Glaze - Glistening Snow (thinned with a clear base)
 
Dotting Tool
 
I followed the directions from Sarah of Chalkboard Nails (who is beyond awesome) to do these, and yes they are fairly simple to do. So don't feel overwhelmed, if you want to try them! I think my problem was being a little heavy handed with the sponging. Regardless, I am really pleased with the result! Yay, galaxy nails!

 
Water marble is next (lord have mercy on my soul!) and I hope, hope, hope my little nubbies are up to that challenge!

2 comments:

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...