Thursday, June 27, 2013

31 Day Nail Art Challenge: Inspired By A Song

Hello everyone! Another challenge post for today. This is "Inspired By A Song" and it is a little bit sentimental. In the last post, I mentioned my daughter's name is Marley and she was named so because my husband is a huge Reggae fan. Our "family" song is Three Little Birds by Bob Marley. It is a beautiful song about staying positive even when things seem bad. Something we try to live by, and something we are trying to teach our daughter.
 
 
 
Used:
 
Julep - Dianna
O.P.I. - MBSW
Sally Hansen Insta-Dry - Butter-Fly Stroke
Sally Hansen Insta-Dry - Man-Go Team
Revlon - Impulsive
Barielle - Wild Orchid
China Glaze - Sunday Funday
Maybelline Color Show - Green With Envy
Color Club - Coral Cascade
Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - Black Out
 
Nail art brushes
 
Whew! That's a lot of polish! I used the Noggin' video for visual inspiration and design and I'm pretty pleased with how this turned out. My freehand skills have definitely improved since I started this challenge, but I'm still not anywhere near as good as I want to be.

 
 
I should have some swatches posted this weekend, and I will be late posting next week, because my baby is turning 5 on Monday! We will be spending the day having lots of fun family time, going to the movies and of course cake and presents!
 
Hope you all have a great weekend, and here's the adorable video for "Three Little Birds." Enjoy!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...