Saturday, June 29, 2013

Essie Naughty Nauticle Collection Pt. 1

Hey guys and gals! I'm a little late with this post, sorry about that! I have had a bad case of laziness lately and really didn't want to mess with taking pictures, editing, blah blah blah. But I knew I had to share this collection with you, because it is just that awesome! I don't want to overload you all with a ton of pics in one post, so I decided to break the collection up into 3 parts.
 
Please Note: Products shown were purchased by me for my personal use.


 
Essie - Naughty Nautical
 
Naughty Nautical is a bright teal/turquoise with a subtle silvery shimmer. It is a touch more green than my swatches, so keep that in mind. The shimmer is subtle, but you can still see it twinkling faintly in most lighting (my camera didn't want to capture it, boo!). It also shows different colors, almost like an iridescent shimmer, super pretty. Formula was fantastic! Almost a one coater, tho I used two for swatching. If you are careful, you could easily get away with one. Application was great, no streaking, dragging, pooling, or any other problems. Nice dry time, and super shiny. I did use a top coat for all the pics, however.
 
 
 
 
Essie - Sunday Funday
 
Not to be confused with China Glaze Sunday Funday, Essie's version is a red toned coral with a silvery shimmer. The shimmer is a bit more noticeable in this, but I think it's because the pigmentation is a bit thinner than Naughty Nautical. This was 2 coats for full coverage, the first showing a bit of VNL (visible nail line). Still a really great formula, no problems at all. Average dry time.
 
Okay, so it is no secret I am all about coral polishes right now, so naturally I love this one. I'm wearing it on my toes and I have this and The Girls Are out in a gradient on my fingers, which is so full of win. I posted a pic on IG yesterday, if you are curious.

 
 
I am so in love with these two, plus the rest of the collection. I have felt a little disappointed by the last few Essie collections, but this particular one has really won me over. It's just so fun and bright!
 
Don't forget, my next challenge post will be up a day late, and it's gonna be a fun one!
 
Essie is available at many retail locations. Polishes are about $8 a piece.
 
Please Note: Products shown were purchased by me for my personal use. Please see my disclaimer for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...