Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Julep June Box - BoHo Glam

Hey everyone! I have my June box from Julep to share with you all, today! I have skipped the last couple of months, but couldn't pass up on this on. For June, it was all about nautical preppy & bright classic colors. The bonus was Julep's version of the newest trend in make up; BB Cream. Or as Julep dubbed it, DD (dynamic do-all) Cream. I stuck with my BoHo Glam box picks for this month.
 
 
Please Note: Products shown were purchased by me for my personal use.
 
 
Julep June Box - BoHo Glam (DD Cream in Light, Dianna & Lexi)
 
 
 
Julep - Dianna
 
Dianna is described as a mint green cream polish. I would say it is more blue the green, but none the less gorgeous! I really love colors like this, especially for summer. Formula was good, pleasantly thick, flowed nicely onto the nail, no dragging or streaking. Average dry time, which I am seeing a big improvement from Julep. The quality/consistency has been great in the last few boxes, compared to the first few I received.
 
 
 
Julep - Lexi
 
Lexi is a bright sunny yellow crelly (cream/jelly hybrid). For a yellow, this is pretty dang awesome. The color is crazy bright and so happy! Total love. Formula was a huge surprise, and I think it is because the polish is a crelly. The first coat was a tad streaky, but leveled really nicely. Second coat smoothed it all out. A bit thicker than Dianna, but not problematic at all. Overall it was super easy to work with for a yellow.

 
 
 
Julep DD Cream - Light
 
This is where the excitement for my box ends. I was so looking forward to the DD Cream. To preface, I am not a make up blogger, so forgive the pictures. I ordered the lightest option, being "Light" because I am super pale. Most of the time, I am pretty on base with light foundations, but this one was waaaaay off. Look how dark it is! It totally gave me orange face. So disappointing. Other than the horrid color, the cream itself is really good. It covers well, blends well, is buildable, and feels so nice on my skin. No oily residue, just a lovely soft glow. If they make a "Fair" shade, I will probably get it. But, c'mon. There is no way I can pull this color off.


 Oh well, can't win 'em all I suppose. More 31 day challenge tomorrow!

Please Note: Products shown were purchased by me for my own personal use. All opinions are my own.

If you are interested in signing up for your own Maven box, click here. Don't forget to use the code "PENNY" to get your first box for one cent.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...