Sunday, July 28, 2013

Essie Mint Candy Apple

Hey lovelies! Today is a quickie swatch post, but I had to share because you all need this beauty! Essie Mint Candy Apple is a long time lemming of mine, and when Essie recently brought it back as part of their core line, I was quite the happy polish hoarder collector. I don't know why I didn't grab it sooner, but I am ever so glad I have it now!
 
Please Note: Products shown were purchased by me for my own personal use.
 

Essie Mint Candy Apple
 
Essie - Mint Candy Apple
 
Mint Candy Apple is a bright minty blue cream with a twitch of green. I was expecting more green, but the blue tone is really nice and clean. It reminds me of spearmint gum. Formula was a nice surprise, very smooth and buttery. It applied like a dream! 2 coats for full coverage. The first was a tiny bit patchy, but the second smoothed everything out perfectly. Average dry time as well. My only issue is that it is a little unfriendly to nails with ridges. My thumbs are very ridgey (is that a word?) and it is quite noticeable with this on and no base. So be sure to use a good ridge filler base coat when you wear it! My fav is butter London Nail Foundation. It smooths everything out really well.
 
Hope you all have a great weekend! And go get Mint Candy Apple, like now!
 
Please Note: Products shown were purchased by me for my personal use. All opinions are my own. For more info, please see my disclaimer.
 
Essie is available at various locations. Products retail approx. $8 a piece.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a big nail painter (just like to ogle painted nails from afar), but I happened to treat myself to this one last Thursday while out grocery shopping. Also got Tart Deco (also Essie). Love that one too. Wore them together (mint on fingers, tart on toes) and felt downright girlie and summery! Love the blog and IG feed. (Found ya on IG while browsing nail polish pics.)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...