Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Saran Wrap Nail Art with Rescue Beauty Faraway and Ghost

Hey everyone! Along with my Rescue Beauty Blogger 2.0 polishes that I recently purchased, I also grabbed another member of the GOMM family - Faraway. I haven been waiting quite a while for this one. Ever since I got Ghost, I knew I needed Faraway to do a little southwestern inspired nail art. I wanted to use the two to create a look reminiscent of turquoise, uncut in it's natural state. It is a beautiful stone, and I love the textural look of it. I had a hard time trying to figure out how I was going to replicate it, but lately I have seen a lot of amazing saran wrap designs floating around IG, so I decided to give it a try.



 
Used:
 
Rescue Beauty Lounge - Faraway
Rescue Beauty Lounge - Ghost
 
Saran Wrap
 
For the record, holding two bottle of polish is kind of hard. I am trying to add a little bit of artistic photography to my posts, and these types of shots are always so graphically interesting. Pain in the ass to pull off, so kudos to you all out there who do it on a regular basis!
 
Saran wrap designs are easy enough to pull off, but it is easy to get heavy handed and cover up the base color. I opted for painting Ghost onto the saran wrap and sort of sponging it on top of Faraway (after it was dry, of course). I'm kind of in love with it! Simple, yet so visually appealing. I need to do this more often!



 

For reference, here is what a chunk of uncut turquoise looks like. Seriously gorgeous and one of my favorite stones for sure.

Hope you all have a fantastic day! I have loads of cleaning to catch up on, Wheeee!!!! /sarcasm

1 comment:

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...