Monday, August 5, 2013

Wet n Wild Pop Art Craze Collection

Hey guys and gals! Hope you all are having a fabulous Monday. Mine is not so great. Mother nature has decided to take my hormones on a roller coaster ride and I am not okay with it. So pardon me and the less than exuberant post. That being said, I have swatches and a review of the new LE Wet n Wild Wild Shine Pop Art Craze nail polish collection, and I wanted to share it with you guys so that you can get them while you can.
 
So let's get done to business. The formula for all of the polishes, except Stand The Test Of Lime, is pretty consistent through out, so I'll go over that here. All needed about 2 coats. The polishes are a cream/jelly hybrid (crelly) and have a fantastic shine without top coat. Because of the formula, I did experience slight cuticle drag if I was not patient and waited for each coat to dry. If you apply thinner coats, you may require a 3rd coat to level out any streaks or patchy spots. Dry time was nice and quick, but again, I had to wait between each coat to prevent bubbling.

Please Note: Products shown were purchased by me for my personal use.
 
 
Wet n Wild Wild Shine - Listening To Blue Reed (Pop Art Craze LE)
 
Listening To Blue Reed is a cobalt blue crelly, in the same color family as Nails Inc Baker ST. and Essie Butler Please, tho I'm not sure if they are dupes. Haven't done a comparison yet.
  
 
Wet n Wild Wild Shine - Stand The Test Of Lime (Pop Art Craze LE)
 
Stand The Test Of Lime is a bright green jelly. This is the only one in the collection that varies in formula and application. Since it is a jelly, I needed 3 coats for full opacity. Pretty standard for a jelly. Great color.
 
 
Wet n Wild Wild Shine - Who Is Ultra Violet (Pop Art Craze LE)
 
Ultra Violet is a red toned purple crelly. It is more red in person, but my camera and purple polish do not get along.
 
 
Wet n Wild Wild Shine - Teal Slowly And See (Pop Art Craze LE)
 
Teal Slowly And See is a bright turquoise blue crelly. This one is more cream than the others, but still has a similar formula. It also stains like a mother, so double up on your base coat!
 
 
Wet n Wild Wild Shine - The Clock Strikes Orange (Pop Art Craze LE)
 
The Clock Strikes Orange is a bright creamy orange crelly. This is my personal favorite from the set. It is a perfect orange, not too red or yellow.
 
 
Wet n Wild Wild Shine - A Blank Canvas (Pop Art Craze LE)
 
A Blank Canvas is a clean white crelly. It is super bright and my camera kinda bugged out! Sorry about that! The crelly formula gives it a really fresh look, not chalky at all. Also it is not streaky, which is a big plus for a white polish.
 
These are all really great polishes, and are a perfect set for some awesome nail art. So expect some posts to show up soon featuring these babies! Not only that, they are hella cheap, about a buck a piece, depending on where you go.
 
If you want any of these, make sure you hunt them down as soon as possible, because they are limited edition. Noveau Cheap has a fantastic map of all the locations where they are being carried.
 
Please Note: Products shown were purchased by me for my personal use. All opinions are my own. For more info, please read my disclaimer.
 
Wet N Wild is available at many drugstore locations, including Walgreens and Rite Aid. Wild Shine products retails for about $1.00 a piece.

1 comment:

  1. Oooooh Stand The Test Of Lime is awesome! I recently re-discovered my love for bright greens, haha :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...