Thursday, February 27, 2014

Guest Post From Casey Lane Loves Polish

Hey guys and gals! Today's guest poster is my wonderful friend, Casey from Casey Lane Loves Polish. She is such an awesome lady, and one of the most talented nail artists I know. She also kills it with the macros!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone! How are you all doing? I was so excited when Bridget said I could do a guest post for her. She is one of the first friends that I made in the nail community, and she's one of the sweetest girls on here I've met. Hopefully my little post will help her out! :) 

This week work has been especially stressful for me, and my hubby's work has been stressful for a long time. That takes a toll on everyone in the house, so I haven't taken much time for nail art. Someone told me recently (my therapist to be exact) that nail art is therapeutic for me, kind of like my version of meditating. I believed him, but hadn't actually put it to a definitive test. Until Thursday night. I had spent the previous 2 days working on an almost 30,000 line spreadsheet and around 8 pm I started getting more emails (from our CEO) about it... it was like a stress switch. I was instantly tense and anxious and worried all wrapped into one. So I decided to put the "nail art meditation" theory to test. Sure enough, he was right, he pretty much always is but don't tell him I said that. After spending a little time on a simple but favorite nail art design I felt better. My head was clear and I actually felt relaxed. I wasn't super surprised, but I was so happy to see and feel such instant results. 

So, here is the result of my stress induced nail art meditation. :) Some simple vintage rose nail art using a couple of my new OPIs and a couple of old favorites. 










For this manicure I started with 3 coats of OPI Hey Baby from the new Gwen Stefani Collection on my pinkie, index finger, and thumb. Then on my middle and ring finger I applied 2 coats of OPI Don't Bossa Nova Me Around. 

To make my roses I used all dotting tools. I go back and forth on my technique on these... sometimes I prefer brushes, others I want to use dotters. I think the dotting tools are maybe a little easier, but that could have just been the day. 

I used Hey Baby for the base, OPI My Very First Knockwurst for the swirls, and for the leaves I used OPI Jade Is The New Black and Thanks A Windmillion. After a little dry time I topcoated with Glisten and Glow HK Girl topcoat. 

I love these nails so much. I'm still wearing them, and I'm a little sad to take them off. But I have swatching to do, duty calls. :) But I have enjoyed this mani while I've been wearing it. 

What do you think? Have you all tried vintage roses? If you haven't you definitely should! It's one of the easiest nail art designs and has a big impact. There are tons of tutorials online that I've used, and combined, to find what works best for me. Be sure to follow me on Instagram (@caseylanelovespolish) and on my blog (www.caseylanelovespolish.com) for more manis and swatches! 

I hope you all love this mani as much as I do! And even though I love guest posting for my friend Bridget, I hope she's up and running again very soon! Thank you again for the opportunity! :) 

**All polishes in this post were purchased by me for my own personal use.** 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love vintage roses, and I definitely need to give them some love once I get my camera situation resolved. And I so understand the calming effects of nail polish! Of course, it could totally be the fumes. Just sayin...

Thanks so much Casey!

2 comments:

  1. The fumes definitely increase the meditative effect! lolol

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, wonderful, delicate nail design! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...