Sunday, February 2, 2014

Sunday Stamped: MoYou London Advanced Stamping

Hello all you wonderful people! Hope you are having a wonderful Sunday! I have been sick since Thursday and am finally starting to feel quite a bit better. I absolutely despise being sick, but thankfully it left me time to catch up on The Originals, Nashville and The Vampire Diaries as well as plan out some awesome posts for this next week! P.S. I am pretty sure that crappy tv is the best cure for the common cold!

For this week's edition of Sunday Stamped, I wanted to try a little something different. Advanced stamping, or decal stamping, is a method of adding color to a stamp design. It has become more and more popular, and since I have lots of new stamping goodies, I wanted to try it out myself.


Used:

Essie - Naughty Nautical

O.P.I. - Black Onyx
Essie - The Girls Are Out
Essie - The More The Merrier

Nail art brush

Overall, I think it is a really cool look, but quite difficult to pull off. But, like most nail art related stuff, I'm sure it gets easier with practice. To create the decal, you pick up the image as normal, but instead of stamping it onto your nail, you transfer the design to saran wrap or a zip lock bag. After that, you apply color to the negative areas and then apply a clear top coat. Once it has all dried, you remove it from the plastic and place it onto you nail, sealing it with another layer of top coat.

If you guys are interested, I will put together a pic tutorial of how I do it!


I used one of the new MoYou London plates I recently ordered, and once again I am blown away. This design is from the Scholar Collection and it is full of really cool science stuff as well as some fun doodles. I know that I should try out some other plates or brands, but honestly, I am incredibly happy with all the MoYou London stamping stuff!

Well, that's all for today! I'm gonna go drink some Chamomile tea and maybe watch some more wonderfully crappy tv!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...