Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Twinsie Tuesday:One Stroke Flowers

Hey friends! Another Tuesday is upon us, and that means it's a Twinsie post! My apologies for not having this up earlier in the day. I forgot to schedule it yesterday when I wrote it, and I have been curled up in bed all day fighting a nasty stomach bug! Not sure if it was food poisoning or a virus, I'm hoping it's not the latter, I don't want the hubby or girlie getting sick!

So this week's theme is "one stroke flowers," a painting technique that is popular among folk art that creates the look of gradient flower petals using two colors at the same time. My mom perfected this technique years ago, but on canvas as opposed to nails!

In all honesty, I'm not a huge fan of this look. Not to mention that it (almost) requires using acrylics to achieve it, and I prefer to use strictly polish for my nail art. But I did it, and while it's not my favorite, or my best, I am happy that I at least attempted it and didn't give up. Cause I really did not want to do it, lol!!!



Used:

KB Shimmer - A Touch Of Glass
O.P.I. - MBSW
KB Shimmer - Radiant Orchid

Small square nail art brush

I used polish for the flowers as opposed to acrylic paints, and I'm sure that was some of the problems I had with the petals. But not every post or attempt an be great, so here's to the failures!!



What do you think of one-stroke floral nail art? Are you a fan, or is this a look that you would pass on? While you're thinking about that, be sure to head on over to the rest of the Twinsie Tuesday bloggers and check out their attempts!



Alaina at The Little Canvas
Amanda at Amandalandish
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Anna at Going to the Showing
Bridget at A Painted Nail
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Cordia at Seriously Swatched
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Jessica at Blue Velvet Lacquer
Kelly at Tuxarina
Lakeisha at Refined and Polished


   Marisa at Polish Obsession
Róisín at Cuti-CLUE-les
Stephanie at A Little Polish
Tiffany at Polished To Precision

5 comments:

  1. I think they're lovely!!!! So soft!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did great with the one stroke flowers considering you used polish. Its looks delicate here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors and design is very delicate and the brush stroke flowers came out very good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! These colours are so beautiful together, and I love these as a "half moon" look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty soft pastel one stroke flower. Great !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...