Friday, December 5, 2014

China Glaze Don't Get Derailed Fall/Winter 2014 Color Trend

Hey guys and gals, another week has come and gone! Today's Color Trend post is the last one of the season. We have made it through the entire fall/winter palette with only one exception (Misted Yellow) and I couldn't find a single polish to match. Not that I am complaining, the color is not very polish friendly!

The last color is the muted warm green, Cypress. A lot of people have a hard with this color, but I actually really like it - clothing or makeup. China Glaze Don't Get Derailed from the most awesome All Aboard fall collection nails this earthy tone perfectly!

Oh, and sadly no, my nails did not magically grow back over night into my lovely rounds I had previously. I took these pics before my nail broke. Sigh...

Please Note: Products shown were purchased by me for my personal use.


China Glaze Don't Get Derailed (All Aboard Fall 2014)



Cypress is a muted olive green with grey undertones. It has a very sleek and edgy vibe to it. I love it! It definitely fall into that "ugly pretty" category, but don't let that scare you off. It may be a hard color to wear, for some, but you might be surprised! The formula was good, a little runny so be careful not to flood your cuticles! I ended up using three coats for these pictures. I will say that the pigment tends to separate really quickly in the bottle. So be sure to give it a good shake before you polish.


So that's it friends! I really had fun with the colors this season and there were some stand outs for me: Essie Style Cartel, Essie Take It Outside and Zoya Veronica. Did you find a color to work into your seasonal wardrobe? 

Tomorrow I will have a wrap up and a sneak at the Spring/Summer palette for 2015 plus Pantone's Color of the Year!

Please Note: Products shown were purchased by me for my personal use. All opinions are my own. For more info, please read my disclaimer.

China Glaze is available in stores at Sally's Beauty Supply and Ulta. Prices vary by location.

1 comment:

Thank you so much for reading! I'd love for you to leave a comment or ask a question.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...